02 April 2008

Fucking Unbelievable!



I was alerted to this by my friend Colin... who has never been to Austria. Upon interrogation my boyfriend confessed he knew about this too -- I should have been informed, this is too funny not to be shared. Here I am living only about 40 km from the great town of Fucking (pop. 93) and I was never told: 



This must not be very fun for the poor inhabitants. The authors of the above article did not even get the country right in the title -- they were not content to affront the name of these people's village, they had to step on their national pride as well. Outrageous. By the way, what would an inhabitant of Fucking be called? A fucker?
At the top is photo of a sign in the town. Under the town's name there's a sign urging drivers to slow down in the school area. It thus reads "Fucking. Please not so fast."

No comments: